11 February 2012

Back home again

'Home' in a couple of senses: 1. re-centered; 2. home from a Tucson vacation to see my wife's sister and family. Love the people; the desert has its own beauty that can be staggering; went for an off-road jeep ride that left my 'man parts' battered and confused and wondering if they had any future. Time will tell.

I am not a Buddhist, but Zen practice is and has been an interest of mine, in fact, I practiced sitting meditation for a few years (albeit sporadically) and derived some benefit - though I did not seek 'enlightenment' since it really only in God's light that we can see light (that's from the scriptures and worth thinking about).
In any case, here is a link to a non-meditation centered Zen site that is practical, concerned with 'ordinary life' if there is such a thing, and humorous. I think you will enjoy it: http://zenhabits.net/start/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment/question!